December 21, 2012

ThreeA WWR NOM 27


NOM 27 was offered on 26 Jun 2012 together with NOM 4. It was a non-3AA piece hence anyone who goes to Bambalandstore and had an interest in it, can make the purchase. It's design is a direct replica of NOM 4 but it had a shirt with a hood. Now what does "27" means? It wasn't specifically explained... or should I say, never explained or I've missed it. Seems like just a number plucked from the air. But I'm sure Ashley Wood knows exactly what it meant.
What we knew for NOM 27 is the normal foot soldiers of NOM... I dunno how that makes sense but if AW says so, foot soldier he is.

Because 27 has exactly the same weapon loadout as NOM 4 and they look so similar to each other, I've decided to give 27 a somewhat heavier ordnance. Partly also to make him more unique in his own way. And because 27 is a foot soldier, he should hump something more heavy duty. There are robots out there, not only flesh n blood human soldiers.
The bazooka was a German WWII Panzerschreck, Raketen Panzerbüchse 54 from DML and it was originally dark yellow coated. Painted it in dark gray and does some light weathering. You can't see it but I had the rocket round lodged inside the tube ;)

Because of the hood, NOM27 does not have T-Shirt stretchy material blouse but that of a cloth material. It is hard to fashion on 27 to make it look natural. Don't like this kind of material. Pistol are painted flat silver. I'd prefer it be black with dry brush instead. Maybe I will repaint mine sometime later. 27 also just came with a right trigger-finger hand and a spare relaxed right hand. Baffles me no end since it has 2 pistols and a no brainer to include a spare left trigger-finger hand instead. I don't think anyone will disagree with me on that. ThreeA sometimes really made people mad... I wonder if they are doing it on purpose.
The excessive 4 hoses also somewhat made the figure look hard to pose. But mine has tough neck joint - just like my NOM 4, and posing the head to a desired position isn't a problem at all.

NOM 27 also spots the new pleather boots. It is soft enough to not hinder ankle posing at all. One of the most excellent design from ThreeA in recent times. There is a nice "alle sehen" ("see all" in German) print at the back of the blouse and some 4 loops sew at the back. I wonder what those loops are for. The big ammo pouch behind also doesn't serve any proper purpose as well. It look like those German WWII MP40 magazine pouch but a tad oversize. I could use it to contain my rocket rounds maybe.

Conclusion
I'd rate NOM27 alongside NOM4 as the best ThreeA figure I received on hand in 2012. The improved sleeker looking helmet, felt hair, pleather boots, new body all made these couple a winner. It could be the indisputable one if ThreeA would have given a spare "shooting" left hand instead of a dud relaxed right hand.
I'm looking forward to my 2 Dropcloth 1.5, they could be the instant highlight for me for 2013.

No comments: