December 30, 2012

Kre-O Transformers 30690 Autobots Prowl


Finally added Autobots Prowl to my Kre-O Transformers collection. Not sure why this one isn't one of the many Kre-O Transformers set on clearance or offer price. Paid the original MSRP of $39.9 for it. Was holding out for the longest time but Hasbro Singapore wins the battle. The set has only 174 pcs and it cost the same as what I've paid for Sentinel Prime which has 386 pcs. Well, you win some, you lose some. On to more pictures.

I've heavily modify the original Prowl and this version I had just took on a lose resemblance from the original. The original Prowl suffers many proportional issues that quite a few other Kre-O Transformers set faces namely Wheeljack and Knock Out set. I general searched for Prowl's G1 image from the web and proceed to create mine that at least has the main features. Took about 2.5 hrs to arrive at what we see in these pictures. I haven't paste on some of the decals especially the engine gauze on the front bumper. They were mostly not aligned so I skipped them.

The main gripe I had on Kre-O's original design is that the shoulder hang too low from the head. And it generally looking skinny and sorta malnourished. Beefed Prowl up with a mixture of Lego and the very inferior emco bricks (another of the many China's Lego knock off). Don't have a large inventory of Lego & Kre-O bricks so the lousy quality ones comes in to help. Hope I can progressively swapped out those emcos with better quality bricks as and when they become available.

This is probably my most satisfied rework of an existing model. It just look 10x better IMO and also added a weapon - high powered pistol. What patrol man (bot) doesn't come with a primary weapon?
The set also came with a nice Transformers Kre-On figure and also a SWAT policeman that I don't really care much about.
So far, I already have all the Transformers released by Kre-O except Devastator. Will definitely get it but will wait for clearance ... hopefully it will happen. Or will buy from eBay that has the exclusive Ironhide bot. We'll see.
The year 2012 is coming to an end in another day's time. Hope I can publish my Top 5 toys for 2012 soon.

No comments: