December 18, 2012

ThreeA Popbot Lady Sham Pure


Ordered Lady Sham Pure at Bambalandstore.com on 6 Jun 2012 (incidentally was D-Day's 68th anniversary) and gotten it in hand on 19 Sep 2012. Just 103 days. A record for pre-ordered 3A. Even faster than the supposedly pre-made WWRp JDF Armstrong which took 117 days to deliver.
Nevertheless, Sham is here and I haven't know what to do with her until Poptoys made a white leather (pleather) jacket set that I decided to order it just for my Pure Sham.

Sham arrived with a major QC issue with bad stitching on the hand portion of the plug suit. Some were so bad that the stitches were coming off and the pleather tearing a little. Mine is bad as well but no tearing, just bad stitches. 3A has received enough complains that they decided to ship another set of suit to anyone who wrote in for replacement. I didn't so I will live with what I had.
Perhaps it is the rushing out of the item (in record time remember?) that certain areas were overlooked. 3A does well to get the replacement suit shipped and no additional cost to the customers. In the past, 3A could jolly well send another figure to anyone who has bought one. Times has changed and I don't expect such gesture ever again.
I can't even remember how many versions of 3A female body out there. But Sham really lacked in the poseability section. You can only practically turn the head on a single x-axis and it can't (or very little) move up-down. No torso articulation as well... maybe there is but I tried swivel or rotate it to little or no avail. And I'm constantly fearing the over stretching of the rubbery fabric that over time, it will vulcanize and crack.
Finally, didn't really like Sham's sculpt. So overall, Sham is a so-so figure. Meanwhile I also got Red Sham (3AA secret drop) and I wasn't sure if I want to break it out for display or just sell it off in the future.

The saving grace arrives when Poptoys release the jacket set and I think Sham looking much much  better with the jacket on. Why Poptoys doesn't make a red set so that I can have it for my Red Sham as well.
However, Poptoy's jacket has a shade of white with a very slight tint of yellow. Not overly obvious but you can differentiate Sham's plug suit from the jacket if you look closer. Still better to have it on than not.
Have been skipping quite a lot of 3A releases recently but in another 2 days time (20 Dec), TK Shogun will make it's appearance. Still not sure if to get it or not.

No comments: