December 13, 2012

Kre-O Transformers 30662, Autobots Ratchet


Kre-O's stockings are pretty irregular. At one store, there are mountains of Ratchets on clearance. At another, there are none at all. Have been looking around for a Kre-O Ratchet for awhile and finally gotten it at a very attractive price of $19.9 at OG Orchard Point. At 187pcs, it is a medium sized bot and I thought it could just be Wheeljack's or Knock Out size but I was wrong. It stood almost as tall as Sideswipe.

I wanted to modify the original Ratchet to make it look more closer to the cartoon G1 styling. The main part is to have a big flat windscreen as its chest. So I used the unused windscreen from Jazz and mount it on. Switched parts from here to there and added a healthy dose of Lego red bricks. Thought I go overzealous on the Lego add on that Ratchet now looks more red than white. Also replaces the cheapo plastic wheels with the buggy wheel's from Vortex's Rotor Rage set. Used its red mudguards here as well.

I doesn't like the hinged arm and legs initially cos I thought articulation are limited with just an up-down movement.  Thankfully, it has a ball joint shoulders, hips and ankle and those compensated a bit to have Ratchet achieve a natural stance. 

 The size comparison shot. This post here marked a milestone as these pictures were taken from my newly purchased digital camera, the Sony Nex 5n. 4th digital camera I've ever bought and owned. Yeah the 5r was out just last month but I still went for the older model cos I believe it is much stable and better value for money. I find the picture crispier and color more well balance. Still learning the functions and hope to be able to post more better pictures for future blog post. As you can see, some of Ratchet's parts are out of focus LOL!


This is how the original straight out of box Ratchet looks like. Don't you think it is a much different bot I've done? Love the modification, Ratchet looking more beefed up rather than a skinny chicken like the original.

No comments: