November 3, 2011

ThreeA 3A Ashley Wood WWR Daywatch NOM Commander

Daywatch NOM Commander is the other half of his Nightwatch Commander buddy I posted to this blog some months back. They were available on Bambalandstore.com (for 24hrs) back in January this year just before the 3A Membership application on 15 Jan. Hence it wasn't in time for me to enjoy the 15% discount and that is one main reason I skipped the drop. When they were shipped, peeps took much better pictures (and more enticing / menacing / cool - you name it) of them enough to make me bang myself for skipping them in the first place. Luckily I was able to secure the pair from 3A BST forum for retail price but paid a handsome sum for shipping. Best of the worse situation nevertheless.

As usual, I add a little something extra to the set. This time an old 21st Century shotgun that I found it in my junk box. Because the grip was large enough to sit snugly into the triggering hand and it had some decent details, I used it. But it wasn't as simple as placing the weapon into the hand and put it on the road.
Firstly, I scrapped away the embossed "21st Century" wordings on one side of the weapon. Then bore a hole in the barrel which is a solid closed piece originally. Finally, repaint the original handguard furniture from red brown to light sea grey. Does some weathering and it is ready to use.
Set originally came with twin pistols and holster hooked on to the left and right side of the belt kit. T-Shirt has a long sleeve on the right and short sleeve on the left. Mask is removable and so is the helmet. Very fun a cool piece to be had and I'm glad I finally secure the pair.
My son called them (together with Barguest and Fantome) "elephant". But he paused for a while on them Commanders and confirmed with me that this "elephant" have 2 trunks LOL!! Kids. I sure hope he enjoy them as much as I do.

No comments: