September 19, 2011

ThreeA 3A Ashley Wood WWR EMGY Dropcloth & Chainsaw

This entry is meant to just for showcasing the repainted Hacksaw. Painted it yellow so as to add it into my EMGY weaponry inventory. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.
REPAINTING THE CHAINSAW
Firstly, the saw was taken apart and I'm surprised by how easy it is to disassemble this thing. In my anxiousness to proceed with the repaint, I hadn't manage to stop for a minute to take a picture of the exploded parts. But it is not hard to figure out really.
Firstly, I painted over the orange with Tamiya acrylic paint XF-2 Flat White to neutralize the background. Then a few coat of Tamiya acrylic XF-3 Yellow were applied successively to even out the entire area. Weathering were a mixture of diluted Tamiya acrylic Red Brown and Flat Black. Paint chips are achieved using a sponge to pad lightly onto the edges.
For this one, I tried a slightly different approach. Usually I does everything - including the weathering - before sealing the paint apps with Flat seal. But this time, I does the sealing when the primary colors are up. Then I apply the weathering. I feel this is a much better way as the sealant usually will "kill off" some weathered details after application... especially the little detail area. So this new approach is the way to go moving forward.
Dropcloth can't wait to try out his new "toy". Looking a tad small on DC but probably will suit perfectly for the EMGY Grunt. Till the Grunt arrive!
If the Chainsaw interest you, it can be had here at the 3A BST. Else, you can post a comment in this entry and I will get back to you :)

No comments: