October 13, 2014

ThreeA Ashley Wood World War Robot WWR EVOL Marquis de Plume

Marquis de Plume was made available for pre-order at Bambalandstore on 28 Feb 2014. Apart from the pre-made Red Night JC which was ordered and shipped in 2014, Marquis came in as only the second one, ordered in 2014, that reached my doorstep 197 days later in mid Sep. (Still waiting for Evenfall Strigoi ordered back in Nov 2013!!!).
This is the 3rd incarnation of the de Plume's design and the tube connecting to back container seems to be THE design of 2014 with Kozo TK also bearing a similar design.


When I first saw the promo picts at the Blog, the cool blue immediately captured my attention. Blue, Yellow and Pink are the colors I collect for WWR and Marquis came after a long drought (for me) of no new WWR recruits. The riveted helmet added an old school design that reminische a WWI German helmet.
Marquis came with a pair of pleather boots which seems like a norm these days on 3A figures that are design to be in boots. Not that I have anything against molded boots but the softer pleather boots enables posing of the ankles which is a big plus for a more natural posing of the figure.
Now the bad thing and, almost stupidity, that Marquis came with 2 pistols but 3A only provide 1 trigger right hand. Left hand is with a relax stance. The stupidity came when he has a spare hand in the box and instead of a trigger left hand, we got a relaxed right hand. Come on 3A... are you that dumb? Blind Cowboy, NOMs (and I believe there are a few more), and after countless pleas, this is what we get. Disappointed.
There are also a 3 red grenades given as part of the accessories. Not sure if the color of the grenades represents anything in WWR universe but for color cohesiveness sake, isn't blue colored grenades makes more sense here? I don't know... personal preference I guess.

Back to the figure... sigh... ok, back from my disappointment. Marquis is an excellent figure and design apart from the dumb ass 1 trigger hand fiasco. The blue really give Marquis a unique identity that no other de Plume has before except maybe KuanTi de Plume of it's striking Yellow and Red.
I read a lot saying it has flimsy and wobbly body and I do felt it not as solid as the figures of old but not as bad as what forumites had claimed.
I actually bought the 3AA set that came with a "Prey Box". It was left in the box for now as I am not too sure on how to display it yet. The box is a cool accessory but it does little for me anyway.

Final word. Marquis is easily the 3A figure of the year for me. I had it displayed with my WWR EMGY crew and the blue just complements the yellow perfectly. Love it.
If you are new to 3A and would want a de Plume in your collection, this is the one.

No comments: