August 5, 2013

ThreeA Ashley Wood WWR EMGY Dropcloth 1.5U



EMGY Dropcloth V1.5 was available at Bambalandstore as a random drop (or more commonly known as "Secret Drop") in 14 Nov 2012 and item were delivered on 29 May 2013, a total of 195 days later.
It retails at US$130/- each. The normal regular drop for that day was a Peaceday Dropcloth V1.5 and that day's sale saw the most random drops on a single sale day. On top of EMGY, there were also Glow in the Dark (GID) White, Blue and Orange Dropcloths V1.5. But in my eye, there is always only EMGY that I wanted on top of the regular Peaceday.

Dropcloth V1.5 came with quite a few improvements from the previous OG Dropcloth :

1. It now has a double joint elbow and it gives the arm a further poseability in allowing a higher lifting. Previous version can only raised up to 90d.
2. Feet has 3 movable section with the front part mimicking toes though it is a single piece. Enable natural running pose or strolling pose.
3. Entire Dropcloth looks more bulky / substantial and not puny like the OG version.

This EMGY Dropcloth V1.5 also came with a shield that wasn't announced in the first place. So somewhat a surprise to collectors in both good and bad way.
Good because it wasn't expected but there it is. Bad because the paint works for it dives. People argue that if it is free, don't complain. But I felt that if 3A wanted to put it in as one of the accessory, do it properly.
3A came out explaining eventually that it is a new kind of weathering they are experimenting and they doesn't expected the response to be that bad. Some collectors, albeit a small number, find it cool looking and acceptable. I haven't really check it out but based on the pictures posted online, I'm not a fan of it.

Other than that, hardly anything else to complain about it. It was a solid, well design robot. Almost bought a second if not for another collector with a faster finger.

Accessory wise, 3A wasn't stingy :

1. Short barreled shotgun
2. Submachine Gun
3. 2 x Pistol
4. Meat Cleaver
5. Riot baton


In my 3 years of collecting 3A toys, this purchase is my most bizzarre to date. I've always wanted to complete my EMGY crew as best I can and this one being a random drop, I have to do some work for it.
I quickly add it into my cart once it appear on site again but due to dodgy internet connection in the office, I wasn't able to go all the way to paypal check out and I got a "Service Unavailable" page. When I got back into the site, the item was "gone". To put it in 3A collector's terms, I've been cartjacked.
Then I realize there is "1 item in Cart". Check on my cart and there it was, pending payment! Without another second of hesitation, I went straight to check out with paypal. 195 days later, I'm able to do this mini review.

Personally, I actually like Peaceday better. The pink is refreshing and the number "24" is close to my heart.

No comments: