June 16, 2010

ThreeA Heavy Tomorrow King Soh

A diversion from my Kamen Rider series brings us this figure from Ashley Wood's creation.
ThreeA is the new rage of the genre of 1:6. Though not everybody's cup of tea but I was attracted to its slight abstract presentation of a humanoid figurine. This Tomorrow King (TK) is my very first ThreeA (3A) product and is about the most common and affordable piece floating around in the secondary market namely eBay. Though technically speaking, its Adventure Kartel Little Shadow should be my first since I placed an order to Bambaland Store back in mid March this year. Still waiting for its arrival till today but it should be anytime soon.

The thing about 3A stuffs that attracted me is that they are mostly only available via online order (via Bambaland Store) and most of their products are not available for walk in purchase at your favorite 1:6 vendor. This kinda exude that sense of exclusivity.

This is a displayed before piece that I got but the previous owner took care of it and it is still in very good, if not tip top, condition. It also came with a big ass round for the bazooka but since the bazooka is not a through cylinder, I really don't see the point giving us that round. So I never bother to display it together with the figure. The set also came with a poster lithography by the artist/designer, Ashley Wood, himself. Good for framing it up but the folding spoil the whole artwork for me. I'll probably just keep it in the folder for good.

No comments: