March 20, 2010

Hot Toys MMS112 Kamui Gaiden

 

Never plan to buy this figure at all, since I haven't a clue about the movie as well, but saw it selling at a very good price (probably due to the not so perfect box condition) and the sculpting is top notch, decide to just buy it before someone else takes it.

 
What can I say, Hot Toys is the current leader in super accurate sculpting for mass market 1:6 action figure. Kamui exudes such exquisite likeness to the actor - Ken'ichi Matsuyama (松山 研一) - and you get the "it's him" feel when you see the figure up close. Sculpted by Yulli and painted by JC Hong, there is really nothing much to complain about.
 
The hair sculpting is one of the best I've seen so far. The sculpt alone is already worth the money.
 
 
I find this knuckle stud very interesting and it came in a pair. The set also came with 2 extra pair of hands with one pair meant for mounting of this weapon. And HT also gave us a spare set of hand pegs.

Other accessories includes 2 nicely painted sea shells (what are they for??) and 2 pcs of darts.
Not a truckload of accessories I should say but it stayed faithful to what Kamui has in the movie. So I am not complaining.

Andy, if you are reading this by any chance, I told you this is from the Goemon series... how foolish of me :p Kamui is a different movie altogether. So malu now gotta find a dark corner to hide in.


No comments: