November 21, 2009

Restoration I - DML 75th Rangers in Woodland BDU

Arguably one of the best modern release by DML. Had them in my collection for awhile and have at least done one upgrading of the original figures. However, they are consider "obsolete" in today's context. In order to still let them stay relevant, I have decided to do yet another upgrading project on them. The key for this restoration work is mainly to use back its original gear but sort of re-arranging them and do a little touch up thats all. The Lieutenant Used back the original headsculpt as I think it is one of the best DML headsculpt ever. That nonchalant look of his face add character to him. The M240 Gunner The most sought after piece of the team during its initial launch. Tim was the name. But the headsculpt is terrible imo so I changed it to this DiD mohawk guy. Not high n tite haircut but have no intention to take down the helmet anyway ;) The SAW Gunner And here he is, good ol' Tim. Stripped down his original paint and does a repaint. Using new deduced method of headsculpt painting and I should say the outcome wasn't too encouraging. These guys were still WIP and playing with the idea of adding a Carl Gustav guy into the 3some. When regular funds become more readily available, I hope to give them cloth boots and better nudes with nicer sculpts.

No comments: