July 3, 2013

ThreeA Ashley Wood Popbot Tomorrow King Shogun Gorei


I wasn't too keen to buy TK Shogun when it was out for pre-order in Dec 2012. But always intrigue by the helmet as it looks very authentic Japanese warring period style helmet. Still wondering if I should just get it until it was taken down from Bambalandstore. Finally made up my mind 1 day later and bought the twin pack (Dumper Duel set) that contains Tsuki (grey black) and Gorei (Orange). Not too bad a price at US$240 (US$204 after 3AA discount). So they arrives 6 months later in June 2013.

I'm a little disappointed that Dumper set came in a single twin box instead of the usual single box with individual artwork. Box has a nice sketch on its front but I was never a fan of Mr Wood's sketches hence the box isn't too appealing.
Within the box contains a clamshell with both figures lodged within. Sword and helmet were packed in plastic baggies taped to the back of the box. In another words, no special slot in the clamshell shaped out to hold the item. Quite cheapo packaging design overall.
Surprisingly, there is a poster within the box too. Exactly the same sketch on the box but on an orange flooded background.

First impression on Shogun when I just got it in hand is a positive one. Even the elaborate shoulder armor that I wasn't really digging turns out better than imagined. Shogun was geared properly and adequately. Not too much, not too little, just nice!
The super duper long vibro chopper is a nice equipment to have. But I wasn't a big fan of dangling wires and Shogun have 2 of it.
Shogun is on a slim body which very much is the only type of body 3A uses on all their male release 1/6 figure these days. I love the slim body much more than the older bulkier ones. But some folks feel that with that "big" body / shoulder armor, it should be on a bigger body. I beg to differ.
Shogun is a good figure and I'm glad I pulled the trigger ... albeit a day or two late but 3A took my money nonetheless and gave me the goods as they always does.
Hope to give Tsuki some love too in a post of his own. Need to find some time to do it.

No comments: