August 8, 2010

ThreeA Advanture Kartel Tommy Mission - Emo of Adventure

Continuing my ThreeA Ashley Woods pursuit, Tommy Mission is the latest inclusion collected together with EMGY Dropcloth and its Peaceday Cube. I wasn't too impress with Tommy Mission from all the pictures I've seen online but since I ordered Little Shadow, thought a Tommy in the collection should be appropriate. BBICN's version is already available but I wasn't too keen to get mass market ThreeA stuffs since it is it's exclusiveness that form part of the kick in collecting them. When this is on eBay.sg and at a price I can agree with, I jump on the opportunity.

With this figure on hand, it just grow and grow and grow on you. Do not be fooled by the axe, the set doesn't come with it and it is from Hot Toy's Firefighter. Tommy just "borrowed" it for some action pose :)
Because of the heavy paint weathering, fiddling it and posing him up usually left your fingers feeling a little powdery. Most likely from the dried paint and just make sure you wash your hands before handling foodstuffs after you played with your Tommy. The articulations on the legs are kinda limited due to the skinny jeans else, every other department poses perfectly. Joints are nice and tite and the figure will stand its ground without toppling over ever if you pose it properly into your display cabinet.
The sculpting on the hands are worth mentioning here since it is not those normal hands we get from other brands. The headsculpting was crisp perhaps due to its simplistic design in the first place. But simple is beauty ain't you agree?
There is practically no accessories to speak of for Tommy except for a glow-in-the-dark extra hand (yes, just 1 hand) and a sling bag/pouch you see here. That's about it. Anyway, I do not weigh a figure's value in how many accessory/ies it came with. So what came with Tommy is as good as he needs. Though a baseball bat or wooden plank or in this case, an axe for an accessory will be much appreciated from all corners I guess. Oh well, lets have some more pictures : -
I was at a local weekend flea market today doing my usual round of checking out any goodies out there to bag. Laid my eyes on a new box of BBICN Tommy at a corner of the shop. Actually just curious about how much this thing goes now and I was quoted "S$140... actually it is S$160 but having a sale now so you can have it at S$140, S$20 off hehe". I am not sure if that guy is genuine or not cos he sounded so sincere hahaa!! I would NEVER pull that off at a place like that. Quoted for S$140 is ok and period... the S$160 retail is just bull... erm... shit? hehe. Well... I guess a little entertainment wouldn't hurt isn't it? Cheers!
Can't wait for Little Shadow arrival... since March 19.

No comments: