August 8, 2009

Afghan Northern Alliance Fighter

Have always wanted to build one of these guys. The rugged, low tech weaponry, nondescript uniform (or none to speaks of) and a blatant mixed and match of stuffs from both side of the superpower - Russian & US. Though in this bash, I have used predominantly eastern block's hardware. I was conflicting previously within myself if I should give him a Stinger Missile and made him an 80s era guy or to give him a RPG which can also represent the present. I go for the latter simply because it gave me less work than to upgrade and repaint the 21C Stinger which I also have some missing parts. The outer jacket is from 21C Spetsnaz and so is the pants. Inside I have given him a sweater previously from BBi WWII Brit Commando Peter Keyes. The Afghan garb was from HT's CIA SAD. AK Chest rig from HT and the Afghan hat from DML. The beard was sculpted on with epoxy putty and finally, RPG from Armoury.

No comments: