February 24, 2013

ThreeA Ashley Wood WWR EMGY TRG Trooper Grunt


Finally gotten around posting this EMGY TRG Trooper aka Grunt. Paid a grand total of USD102 shipped for it. Before you come asking me how I got such a great deal, I caught this fella sneaking into Bambalandstore during WWR Square MK2 sale and scooped it up when I can. It was a secret drop.

There are just some slight differences from this grunt comparing to the 4 released earlier - Shadow. Desert, Deep Powder & DIY. The EMGY grunt had a slightly longer "coat" jacket and it also has a shield that is slightly smaller than his Dropcloth counterpart.
Doesn't like his original configuration of gear location and re-geared to what you see in these picts. Do away with the coat and re-strapped the arm pouches to both his thighs. I think the grunt looks sleeker now.
Here I've used the (over exposed) chainsaw again and I think it suits this grunt very well. Better than it suits the Dropcloth. So it is now the grunt's permanent gear.
One other thing I thought 3A could do better is that funky yellow sole boots. Looking too kiddy or rubbery... can't find an exact word but it is kinda awful to say the least. All for the sake of originality, I leave it there.

Overall, the grunt is a fun figure. Never like it initially when it was first announced. Because he is just too cluttered. But being in the middle of a 3A fetish, I get it nevertheless. Turned out looking pretty. This version of grunt has since seen release for Medic and the most recent JEA from the MiM pack. Spin-offs also includes Punter Bot Sniper in camo gear and a Winter camo Sniper dude is up and coming. Hope to see a grunt ver 2 or sorts soon. Still haven't pull a trigger on any 3A release this year - 2013. Which could be the first?

No comments: