February 11, 2013

Kre-O Transformers 30667 Decepticons Starscream


From Wikipedia :
Formerly a scientist, Starscream is a treacherous, high-ranking Decepticon who turns into a jet and is known to often challenge his leader Megatron for leadership of the Decepticons.
Starscream was part of Kre-O's first waves of constructing blocks Transformers. The artwork on the box shows a stumpy looking Starscream. Aerodynamically slender form is not present at all. Nevertheless, it is one of the main characters and since I've decided to dedicate a shelf space to my growing Kre-O Transformers collection, Starscream is a must. And since it is made up of Lego-esque building blocks, customizing is always a possibility.
Bought my first Starscream (yes, I went on to buy 2 more during clearance) at discounted price and just managed to build it.

Kept a little faith that box art can sometimes be misleading and I could have a sleek looking bot after all. A build straight from the instruction sheet confirmed my worst fear. Starscream has a broad and huge body, short legs and stumpy arms. It just looks comical at every angle. A remodeling is on the card and need to be done quick.
Searched for some pictures for customized Kre-O Starscream online and got a handful of pretty good rework. Copied the idea - mainly on the chest piece arrangement and a large part of my own imagination, the end results is what you see here.
I have used some extra bricks part from some leftover Kre-O parts from earlier bots I got and a few Lego pieces as well. Sans away all the ordnance and fins, as I don't like my bot to be too cluttered. I like the outcome.
With the wing tip added on, Starscream is now the tallest bots amongst the other Kre-O's bots I've got.

No comments: