January 18, 2013

ThreeA Action Portable Adventure Kartel Tracky Boss JC


Action Portable (AP) 1/12 AK Fighting JC Tracky Boss was a special drop during AP Slicer TK and Heavy TK sale (27 July 12) at Bambalandstore.com. Apparently, nobody will guess that anything other than Popbot stuffs will be up for sale during the TK sale frame but Tracky JC pops up as a random (secret) drop... almost caught everybody else off guard. Peeps who are not collecting AP Popbot stuffs doesn't pay much attention to this drop until JC sneaked in and suddenly, the F5ing heats up.
I'm one of those who ain't too interested in the AP TKs on sale that day but were lingering around the sale site looking out for any random drop. Caught a glimpse of JC for it's first appearance but a little slow to react. Got him the second round. Don't really know why I go for it cos with shipment charges added on, it actually cost about S$70, for a 1/12 or 6" figure... expensive.

So did 3A really has a shrinking ray gun that actually shrink a 1/6 Tracky JC to 1/12? Sculpt wise, yes 3A does it. But there are a few things to point out. The biggest difference being 1/12 JC doesn't have a T-Shirt beneath the track suit. 3A shortchanging us. There are no official explanation on this but there are displeasure noises heard. Not enough for 3A to want to send out a T-Shirt to whoever bought one.
Smaller pouches are now molded. There are 2 of such pouches on mini JC. The molded pouches looks good but I'd prefer cloth ones over these anytime. I fear small 1/12 pouches will be molded from now onwards. I feel 3A can just give us another cloth pouch (seen on front of JC's left belt) instead of another 2 molded pouches. 
1/6 Tracky JC has a butt pack but this 1/12 version seem like it had a medic pack somewhat. Not big enough as a butt pack.
Quality wise? My piece's jacket has a mis-sew white track design on his right sleeve. Portion of the white track ribbon wasn't sew on hence it came loose and kinda "float" about. Wrote to CS and they wanted me to send the jacket back to them for "repair". Told them I wouldn't do that and incur shipping charges. CS will now check for a spare piece to be send to me. 
Feet and hands falls out quite easily during posing. An inherent thing with all 1/12 so far I guess.


I guess this is the reason why I go for little JC, to be able to have picts taken together with his bigger counterpart. 1/6 still the way to go for me. Better details overall takes the cake.

No comments: