November 20, 2012

ThreeA WWRp Caesar Photo Recon Unit (PRU) Pink


I halfheartedly bought this (and EMGY Caesar) during its sale day on 24 May because I have a 1/6 scale WWR EMGY Caesar and wasn't impress by it. It's sheer size notwithstanding, there are just very little playability and it takes up precious real estate inside my cabinet.
Now that the 1/12 scaled Caesar is in hand, all I can say is I've made the right choice in making the purchase. WWRp Caesar is excellent in so many level in terms of playability, poseability and its size which is handy and not restrictive.

This product came with 3 weapons. The primary weapon in a blaster machine gun, a knife/sword and a pistol. Both knife and pistol can be stored inside their individual pouches around the waist band. I have made some standard posing here, nothing too dynamic but they are an ease to handle. Fingers joints are tight enough to hold the knife firmly and grasp the rifle snugly.
The only thing I wasn't that thrill is the bright candy pink used for the cloth gear. I'd prefer 3A uses white/grey they did on Heavy Bramble for the pouches and a darker shade of pink for the "toga". Not a show stopper however, I can live with this.

Here you have Caesar playing with its pistol. And I came to realize why I love this Caesar better than EMGY - 1 shield. EMGY has 1 too many. 2 arm shields are just excessive and made the bot looking clumsy and cluttered. 1 shield makes it pose better and the camera can capture better details instead of the shield getting in the way on both sides.

The WWRp Pink squad so far. Noticed these 3 has all different shades of pink? Peaceday Square is fine with a different shade since it is essentially of different faction. But Bramble and Caesar looking quite different when they are both from PRU. Then I realizes that Caesar uses just one shade of Pink throughout ie the same shade as Bramble's right arm and leg. While the main shade of Bramble is of a lighter pink shade.
Apparently, pictures I've seen of the earlier 1/6 PRU Caesar paint is consistent with this WWRp version. PRU Bramble came before 1/6 Caesar so I believe 3A thought to cut down on 1 paint process by reducing 1 color. I'll wait for the next PRU offering to make my final view on this.

No comments: