August 11, 2012

ThreeA Ashley Wood Adventure Kartel Tommy Mission RED


Finally Tommy Mission gets another version after tons of his prior versions were released over time. OK, I exaggerated... perhaps close to or slightly over 10 versions and I'm not about to start counting them LOL!. But wait! Whaaat?! Tommy had overgrown his fringes and now the hair covers both his eyes!? That's it? I was really disappointed then and passed on pre-ordering this Retailer Exclusives assortment. The official promo pict doesn't help a bit at all too... it is essentially a Tommy Mission figure with a "new" hairsculpt.
"Cluster Fucked" T-shirt was one of the OG Tommy's T. Everything can be found on previous Tommies except that now he has his right hand painted in red and he also now comes with a pair of red painted chucks. Why do I need to fork out the money again to pay for this when I already have an OG and a Inky version?

But I was wrong this time. Nope, I was right on everything about his gear and that simple sculpt modification. So where did I gone wrong? This Tommy is nevertheless an official alternate version to all those we already have. It should be in my collection. Lame you say? Yeah I thought so too but I'm not sure why I begin hunting for one right after the first on hand picts were posted on various online forums. It was immediately sold out when it hit our little Island state and for those collectors who are now selling their Tommy, they are asking for another 30 - 40% more of it's original cost price. No way I'm paying that kinda money.
So I chance upon one after a couple of months searching and got it at 10 bucks more than its original retail. Not too bad and it is mission accomplished.
Still Tommy look a little plain so I added a Russian WW2 Tanker's skull cap and a German WW2 Desert Goggle to spice it up a little. Not too bad looking really. All I need to do next is to weather up that headgear and Tommy can have it permanently.

Accessories wise, he came with his essential GID Hands of fate and also a couple of spare wrist pegs. No poster. The new hair patch that now covers the other eye is really an easy modification for any experience modeller. It would be great if 3A can put in more effort to do something like how the new Little Shadow look like, a completely new hairdo. A mohawk Tommy would look cool really. Tommy Red added an alternate taste to the character, very far off from offering a different dimension. But it is an official version and I'm a stickler for that... too bad for my wallet. Nothing much else to say about Tommy Red as most I wanted to say about Tommy Mission is already posted on the OG Tommy write up couple years back.
Next up is Shit Weather Bleak Mission.... almost like Tommy Red revisited. Probably in the pocket for that one. I still have some time to think about it - 17 August 2012 folks... stay tune!

No comments: