November 11, 2012

Kre-O Transformers 36959 Rotor Rage, Decepticons Vortex

Not too well versed in Transformers universe and I only knew the main characters (robots) names. Here is one that is not, I guess it's name is "Vortex" and the set is named Rotor Rage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The second "proper size" Kre-O Transformer I built which was bought together with Bumblebee in the same day. And Vortex is a Decepticons, the bad guys faction. I love it's candy colored scheme.

This model has all the ball joints at locations where Bumblebee had. Posing wasn't a problem at all. But it lacks considerably in details as compares to Bumblebee. Probably perhaps this is a mid priced model and with less bricks in the box, it just got some bigger bricks to fill the gaps.
The arm design is something worth mentioning. Each forearm has a unique weapon. Right arm had it's twin missile launcher that actually works. Left arm had a Wolverine like claw and a chain gun (or a flame thrower). The clawed hands also gave it a menacing bad guy vibe. Good thoughts all around.
The set also came with a very cool Kre-On Vortex figure apart from 2 other human Kre-Ons which I don't really give a hoot about.

Size comparison shot.
I think I am officially bitten by the Kre-O Transformers bug. Never a Transformers fan but these bricks robots has me intrigue. I guess the one biggest incentive for having building blocks robots is that you can tear it down if you are done with displaying them. Exactly the same mentality as me buying Lego Starwars vehicles.
Really need a Megatron now.... but it seem to vanish from the shelf.

No comments: