August 25, 2012

EMGY Shocktrooper Custom


This one is considered done. This custom actually started about a year ago and as with all customs, it is a start-stop-start-stop kinda thing. I got stuck after getting the basic design up ie the armor, helmet, gas mask  and stuffs. But I haven't decided what kind of gear he'll be packing.
Played with the idea that he will be a sky trooper dropping into troubled territories maintaining order and almost stuck to that theme. But I chanced up upon an old German WW2 kitbash of a flamethrower guy and decide that this EMGY custom will have the flamethrower.

I've simplified the flamethrower and had removed a secondary, smaller canister attached to the side of the main gas tank. Also remove a secondary tube to the thrower tube. Armor is of the same design as my earlier EMGY custom Firefighter.... what a coincident, a fire starter and a fire fighter. They made a perfect match. Not intentional really.

I've used a BBi G1 body hence the poseability is kinda limited. May purchase a VHT body to swap it out in the near future so I could do more with him.
The design is finalized and I like how it turned out. Next custom I would like to do is a Peaceday trooper. Already have some basic concept in mind, just need to look for a pink suit / overall. Anybody want to give me a hand? ;)

No comments: