December 9, 2010

ThreeA WWRp Armstrong Lunar Camo 0G

Never thought I will venture into ThreeA's (Ashley Wood's) 1/12 World War Robots (WWR) series aka Portable ie WWRp. The Armstrong when in 1/6 scale could stand at about 15 inches tall and I am not about to keep such monsters inside my display cabinet though it will no doubt, look good. Settle for the smaller guy which stood about close to 7 inch.
The camo wasn't very well done imo but when you look at it as a whole, and with weathering and rust slapped on top of it, it looked pretty awesome. Not my favorite color scheme but is versatile. My unit has loose left shoulder joint - perhaps due to my over posing.
Here, I have kitbashed Armstrong removing its jet pack and replacing with a 1/6 Brit bergen. Also put aside its original bazooka and replaced with, again, a 1/6 HT Carl Gustav. Lunar Camo was posted back to Earth to do recce work instead...

Not a lot of pose you can do with Armstrong since there are no head, torso and waist articulation. Gotta keep some of the pose for the other 2 Armstrongs (EMGY still on the way from HK) I got when I finally come around taking picts for them.
Funny like I say earlier, not intend to go into WWRp series but seeing the real thing at CSC one Sunday made me decided to just collect one of each - Armstrong, Bertie, Bramble & Large Martin. Still got a Large Martin to complete the quartet... gotta be patience.
End this entry with another 2 pictures. Armstrong don't look much but it somehow grows on you. So if you are still sitting on the fence for this one, just get it when the price is still sane :)

No comments: