April 7, 2010

Hot Toys MMS100 Terminator Salvation Marcus Wright

The first "human" figure I got from this franchise that joins the cohort of T-600 and T-700. I felt compelled to get Marcus Wright for my sole intention is to display him in battle damaged form together with the 2 endoskeleton to form a theme or sort. These 3 are also purchased in wait for Mr Terminator himself - Arnold Schwarzenegger's T-800 (MMS117?) character by HT.
So if you thought you will see John Connor up in this blog soon? That won't happen :)



This set is actually quite lean in terms of gear. If not for the extra headsculpt, It would take a lot more reasons for me to get it. I was not very sure when I paid up and almost immediately had a rush in sense of regret. When I get home and opened him up, I'm glad I got it. Once again, I do not have a deep pocket and had tracked him for awhile just like what I did for T-600. The price is dipping and it gone to the lowest and is creeping back up again. I got it when it gained back about 10 bucks from the lowest. Better buy it now than to pay more later.He came with a greatcoat and a black leather jacket. 1 shotgun, 2 pairs of spare hands (+ 1 pair of spare hand pegs) and a Sam Worthington likeness sculpt aka non-battle damage. The rest you can see in the pictures here. That's about it. No intention to display with the coat and jacket cos I want to show the exposed mechanical parts so that he can relate to the 2 Terminators displayed together.The muscle arm are very well sculpted and the paint job on the sculpt is excellent. Though more care should be taken in painting the battle damage head. The torn skin are just too clean around the edges if you know what I mean. More bruises and blue-blacks should bring out the realism more. Now it is just between broken skin and squeaky clean unwound flesh which is kinda unreal. Apart from that little nit picking, the entire figure is good.

I am always under the impression that Marcus Wright is actually a T-700 but when I compare the mechanical part of the head of both figure, I noticed significance differences. So what the hell is Marcus Wright? A T-650? LOL!! Anyway my question is partially answered when I found this little picture over the internet :


No specific model given but it kinda looking really sleak. And is that T-700 the original design? Sure wish it was not taken off the script cos it would be cool to have another variant rather than a T-800 clone.

Well there you have it. Not really a review or sorts but just to showcase something I have bought. For those who is interested to see some real review, you can visit mwctoys.com

No comments: