April 4, 2010

Hot Toys MMS094 Terminator Salvation T-700

Call me crazy but my HT craze continue and the latest capture is none other than T-700. Alright, I read in Wikipedia that the T-700 was officially dropped from the Terminator Salvation (T4) movie in the final hours of production and the smaller Terminator you see in the final duel between Marcus Wright + John Connor is in fact a T-800 model. Nevertheless, since HT and other merchandise has already release the model out to the public, they decide to go with it as it is. Hence the T-700 is in fact exactly the same design as T-800 but now it had a rougher cast-iron like finish and having darker tone.



I was advised against getting this because there is heavy speculation that HT will release a T-800 down the line since the T2 Arnold Schwarzenegger will be out in the coming months. HT will not just stop at one. But I say let it come if it must and I will only just add a T-800 endoskeleton into my collection anyway.

Finally, what do I think about this figure? Well HT did what they always did best and even when this one is exactly same as the much earlier release T-800, it is by no means lesser in quality compares to the earlier 1:6 design and manufacturing techniques which are mostly employed here when making the figure. Articulations, sculpting accuracies and scale are all there. I do not mind the T-700 does not come with any weapons because it fought the guys in the movie with its bare (mechanical) hands, so a weapon is not quite relevant here.
I got it at a nice price and is a worthy piece for my collection. Can't wait for the T-800 humanoid to join the gang. Until then...

You can read in more details of the preview of this item over at mwctoys.com

No comments: