May 6, 2009

DiD : SS Scharfuhrer

Bought this figure back in Nov 2004 and only got around taking him out of the box some 4+ years later. Needless to say, I have changed out the BBi body it came with to a HT one. Looks much better. The boot's gloss was gone, not sure if it is due to prolong storage or plain bad QC by DiD. I never noticed it until I took it out. Easy fix anyway, I spray a healthy coat of clear gloss on it and the glossiness came back. I also have the pant's leg snugly tugged into the boots to show a proper jockey-style pants design.
Makes me want to hunt down the other ceremonial figures now...
Just in case you were wondering what "DiD" meant. It means "Dragon in Dreams". And there was a story on why they call themself such. Apparently, the people who started the company were previously from DML (aka Dragon Models Ltd) who were disillusioned with DML's lack of detailed WWII product. Hence they came out and started DiD to realise their aspiration and gave us high quality, yet affordable 1:6 WWII era's product. There you go, a little trivial for you. Good for us collectors I'd say :P

No comments: