February 12, 2009

The V3 Syndrome

Banpresto Soft Vinyl 1:6 Scale Kamen Rider V3
1:6 scale nowadays seems to have become a rich man's plaything. Even the most mediocre figure will set you back at least a 100 bucks. But that is not the case with this one. It cost me just a mere $25 and it's sculpt is crisp and accurate. But there are practically next to no articulation to speaks of though it does have shoulder (swivel up-down), head (turning left-right but limited by the big plastic collar) and boots (turning around). I am not complaining anyway since I don't pose my articulated 1:6 that much anyway.
Actually saw this at China Square Central a couple of weeks ago (at $30) and already contemplating whether to get it - while waiting for Medicom's 1:6 scale V3 TV version to be release in September this year. I was thinking, what will I do with it when the Medicom one arrives? Chuck it oneside? Anyway, 2 weeks later yesterday, saw it again at a stall at Sunshine Plaza and at $25, I can't say no now. No regrets at all as you can see the attached picture of a very fine figure.

The V3 Family
While we are at it, might as well showcase my V3 family collection. The one on the left is a Medicom RAH220 DX V3, the smallest one is of those Egg Capsule Gashapon, the middle one is those blind box Gashapon and the right side one is from Bandai Soul of Vinyl (SOV). The tallest one is of course the Banpresto version.
I sorely need a high quality 1:6 scale full articulated 1:6 and can't wait for the Medicom one to be released.
Weee-tsureee!! forever!!


The Advertisement of Hope
Medicom recently announces this and I was over the Moon on the news. I was rooting for a Ver2 or sorts of this V3 refusing to pay the insane price secondary market is demanding. Once again, it proved my 1:6 rule of thumb - All good comes to those who waits! And inside news had confirmed that the mailaway to this V3 will be Riderman. What can be sweeter news than this for an otherwise uncertain 2009. I just hope there will have no delay from Medicom.

No comments: