February 13, 2009

Medicom RAH DX Kamen Rider Tackle (aka 电波女)

Part 2 - This is one figure I have been tracking since a couple of years back. It was a mail-away exclusive when you buy Stronger and the price had remain steady at around S$240. So when I stumble upon this shop, called Sakuraya, at Shinjuku which had it for ¥9980 (approx S$170 at this time), I couldn't let it pass.
This is the DX version and it speaks of good quality all over. I also bought the earlier RAH version which it was on a vinyl non-articulated body and the costume was poorly made with all its black dots falling off already. The DX version is vastly superior with a full articulated female body and crisp sturdy costume and good detail gear.












Incidently, I also bought the SOV version of Tackle with my last ¥1000 note inside Narita Airport. And there you have big and small Tackle posing for ya.

A closeup shot on Tackle shows that the headsculpt is properly constructed. If you owned the RAH version, you will know fully what I am talking about here. The full glossy helmet gave her an attractive touch... you can almost see the lamps placement and my window reflection on it LOL!


Tackle finally reunite with Stronger. But the union was alas a short one. Aided by the first female kaizo ningen, Yuriko Misaki became Tackle, and fought just as hard as Stronger did. Together, they fought such villians as Cyclops Titan and General Shadow.
Unfortunately, she was killed off in ep.#30, which left Stronger alone to his pursuit of justice.

No comments: