March 22, 2010

Hot Toys MMS106 ALIEN "Big Chap" (1979)

My HT Movie Maniac Series (MMS) purchase continues and this time is the original ALIEN from the 1979 movie of the same name. Christian "Big Chap" not out of any coincidence but this "guy" really stands at 14" tall when fully erected. I managed to score him really cheap at eBay.sg since the seller says both its wrist were broken with stud inside its wrists' holes.
Brought him home and drill a hole back into the wrist. And uses plastic models ribs to make a new peg reinforce with a Ø1.0mm thick wire in the middle and voila! hands back up in working condition.



I am not too anal about movie accuracy here since I don't really watch the movie yet. So this ALIEN is as accurate to me as it is how HT made it. Overall I am very happy with it... hold a menacing pose among my other small MMS collection.
Now I am itching to get my hands on an original Predator to go with Big Chap. Anyone has a used one selling at really good price, please drop me a line :D

You can read in more details of the preview of this item over at mwctoys.com

No comments: