July 9, 2009

Sandtroopers

Marmit Sandtrooper

I just acquired a Marmit Sandtrooper Sergeant last week (the one with white pouldron) but unfortunately, the armour had turned quite yellowish due to prolong storage by its previous owner. Spend a little bit more money and bought a can of white spray to do a little refurbishing work. Painted both the chest and torso armour and got it gloss coated just moments ago, now waiting for the paint to set and nothing to do, and while waiting, put these guys up to the blog first.
Got this orange guy from a pal who traded it to me with my Hasbro SAGA 12" Biker Scout. I take it as a steal even when this one is already assembled (not very well assembled to be specific), doesn't come with a box and the rubber strap on the backpack were all corroded and saggy. I am surprised it took me a good 4 years (got it on 26 Mar 2005) to re-strapped it. And I do a considerably extensive job in the strap by using leather, real leather, this time to ensure no sagging for a long time to come. Other than that he came stock, even his much condemned nude were still having its armour on it. One fine day, I will make him a long blaster just like that in the movie. But not sure when that day will come around. Till then ;)

Medicom Sandtrooper

Nothing much bad to say about Medicom's rendition of the same Sandtrooper. It is superbly made with crisp detail. Everything is good about this Sandtrooper except that it is really smaller when standing beside the Marmit's version and very much also against the other 1:6 make figure. But I still love this piece to bits.

Can't wait to get my Marmit White Pouldron Sandtrooper to be ready and to join the family. Still thinking if I should also get Sideshow verion. But right now, all attention on refurbishment!

No comments: